Friends around the dinner table

Finally, after a  long time, I was able to invite some of our friends over for a relaxed, dinner.

As I was taking out my china and silver ware, I felt joy and happiness to set the table for company. Did I mention, I LOVE to entertain ? :-))

The menu consisted all of simple, vegetarian dishes. Nothing sophisticated or elaborated that no one else couldn't do. I will try to post the recipes I used, so please come back again, later, if you are interested.

 Dinner table-setting

My table setting  was so blah… I forgot about flowers! I know it’s winter,  but I craved some color, (maybe it is the  spring like weather, we’ve been having…) so I just stuck some colourful paper napkins, they I had hanging around,  in the glasses. ( I think I'm going to buy some artificial flowers for my next dinner party :-))

Maybe some of you  would like to entertain, but you are having reservations....you are afraid that you won't be up to par, or something.... but I'm here to tell you, you don't have to be. Invite a few friends over if you want, and enjoy the time spent together and the friendship. In the end, that is all it matters. So, go ahead and have some fun! (and you can let me know if I was right :-)
vegetarian-food

My  vegetarian entrees; Tofu sausages, Turkey Almontine Casserole, Cottage Cheese Patties and Lentil Casserole (Lentils are an excellent source of protein for vegetarians). For side dishes: Mashed Potatoes and Steamed Veggies; a mix of carrots, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower.


For dessert, I made a Hazelnut Chiffon Cake, plus a lighter dessert ( for some of us, health conscious ),  Vanilla Fruit Bowl.

Desserts1


Everything turned out pretty good. The food was delicious, ( I was told  :-)) and my company gracious. We all had a lovely time together, enjoying each others company while catching up on life’s happenings….

IMG_1129

I’ve got many thanks for a wonderful dinner time…  All I can say friends, It has been my pleasure! Thank you for coming!!


Blessed week everyone!


Leia’s Culinary Treasures

Comments