My Christmas Treasures



IMG_8257

 
Christmas Time is my favourite time of the year. As soon as November comes, I start digging out my Christmas decorations . This year we’ve been blessed with having our kids home, and having my daughter help decorate our home  for the holidays.

I love to add a few special touches to my  dinning room table also. A few simple things, like using Christmas design napkins, or cloth napkins and decorative napkin rings, a center piece and candles is sometimes all that is needed to make a table look festive. 

Excessively large, elaborate table decorations and expensive, hall marked tableware are quite unnecessary (unless of course they are family heirlooms!). A simple yet thoughtfully styled table, using the best that you own and can afford can be very affective. Don't be led into the trap of believing that your table must look like something off the front of a glossy home design magazine!
 

table-dinner 1

To add sparkle and elegance to my table, I use gold chargers and ornament globe place card holders.

TIP:Check out the post  Table Setting Etiquette  if you like more information on table settings.



party time

I and my Christmas parties…with friends enjoying the appetizer buffet. I enjoy having Christmas parties! Love to see the people enjoy themselves. Makes it all worth it!

When planning an appetizer buffet, consider having 6 to 8 kinds of appetizers and about  10 to 14 bites, per person.

If it is an open house party, have 4 or 5 kinds of appetizers and 4 to 6 bites per person, per hour.


P1000703

Gift Exchange Game- Fun for all ages! Perfect for Christmas parties.
For rules of the game,  click here;  Gift Exchange Game


christmas goodies

I love to bake!  Baking is part of Christmas tradition at my house.



winter scene

My Christmas Village; part of my yearly Christmas decor.


home decor1

There are a few things that give me pleasure more than sitting by a glowing fire, listening to Christmas carols and drinking a mug of hot apple cider or a latte, (depending on the time of the day).

What  ever your Christmas tradition is, I hope that you will find time to enjoy the beauty and magic of this wonderful time of year.
My wish and hope is that you will all find comfort, joy, peace  and happiness this holiday season.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

Comments