Dinner Parties


I love to invite people to our house for a casual and relaxed dinner.

It doesn't need to be any special occasion to have friends over, neither has to be a tiring affair. There are many entrees that can be prepared ahead of time, put in the freezer until needed, desserts that are made a day in advance and a salad that can be made even 24 hours in advance, just as the name says; 24 Hour Salad. I like to set the table ahead of time, like the night before, so everything is ready.
 
dinner 2

I like to make two or three entrees, a side dish, and salad. Sometimes, when I have time, I like to bake my own bread or buns and freeze them for when I have company. When my time doesn’t allow me to bake, I like to buy the mixed cocktail buns. They add a special touch to my dinner,  not to mention, they look home made.

Dessert is always following a meal, with  tea (or coffee ) being  served afterwards in the family room, where everyone can relax.

Dinner parties at our home is a great way to get to know people and spend some catch-up time with friends.

Comments