Profiterole Ice Cream Dessert

I love summer! Long days, lots of sunshine, spending time outside and enjoying the hot weather! If you have been following me, you will know that I do love baking  but as much as I enjoy spending time in  the kitchen, come summer, I prefer easy recipes that don't require adding more heat to the house. This dessert is perfect for a summer day!  Did I mention, easy to make?

It's a perfect dessert for company (it looks impressive, your guests will think, you spent a lot of time making it) or just anytime you want an easy and quick dessert.

Give this a try! Hope you'll enjoy it as much as we did!


profiterol2

You can make your cream puffs but honestly, why would you? I used store bought cream filled mini puffs. You can find them in the frozen section of your supermarket.

I used Neapolitan ice cream, as I like the variety of the  3 flavors and colors: Chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. Feel free to experiment with what you like.

Chocolate sauce can be store bought or if you prefer, you can make your own.

Profiterole Ice Cream Dessert  Recipe


INGREDIENTS

1 -2 L Box - Neapolitan ice cream

1 - 454 gr. box of Mini Cream Puffs

1- 500 ml Whipping  cream

1 tbsp icing sugar

Chocolate Sauce

Wafer sticks, optional

Ice cream serving bowls

profiterol

DIRECTIONS

Beat whipping cream with 1 tablespoon of icing sugar. Set aside.

To make the profiterole ice cream, arrange alternating 3 mini cream puffs and 3 small scoops of ice cream into each serving bowl.

Top with a whipped cream.

Drizzle top with chocolate sauce.

Decorate with a wafer stick if you like.

Serve immediately.

profiterol3


Makes: 8- 10 servings

Enjoy!!

Happy Summer!!

Leia

Comments