Chili


This is a delicious vegetarian Chili recipe that is easy to put together with ingredients that you probably have in your pantry right now. I've been making this recipe for ever now, and honestly I don't even make any other chili recipe, with meat or otherwise we like it so much. My family especially loves it served in my homemade potato buns so I try to bake some when I have time and freeze it to have it handy with my chili. 
It is a wholesome stew, filling and nutritious. Give my recipe a try and let me know how you liked it.
Enjoy!

Chili vegetarian 1

 
INGREDIENTS

1 large onion, chopped
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 stalk of celery, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, chopped (or 1 can of mushrooms )
1- 375 gr. can tomatoes, chopped
1/2 tsp. chilli powder
1 - 375 gr. can of brown beans
1- 375 gr. can of red kidney beans
Salt and pepper, to taste.
 
DIRECTIONS
  
Sauté the onion in a small amount of oil and a splash of water  until it becomes translucent.
Next, add the  chopped celery, pepper, mushrooms and chopped tomatoes. Season with chili powder and cook on the stove until veggies are tender. Add  beans, salt and pepper to taste.

Transfer to a deep casserole dish and bake it in the oven at 350 F for about 1 hour, or until thickened.

Best made the day before, let it sit and then heat it again in the oven before serving.

Serve with mashed potatoes or in a bread bowl.  Recipe for my  POTATO  ROLL.

Bon Appetite!


Comments