Toasted Tomato Sandwich

One day, I was wondering what to have for lunch...I felt like having a pizza, but there was no pizza in the freezer,  or in sight... I had some home made bread, tomatoes, cheese, so I thought how about making a warm tomato sandwich! Close enough to pizza...and so I did.  What I ended up with,  was a wonderful hot sandwich. Give it a try sometimes. It's easy to make!


                Toasted Tomatoe Sandwich served with mixed green salad


Ingredients:
1-2 slices of bread
1 tsp butter or margarine
1 tomato, sliced
salt, to taste
1/2 tsp oregano
2-3 slices of cheese, I used jalapeno Havarti
freshly ground pepper, to taste


Butter bread slice, place tomato slices and sprinkle with salt and oregano. Top with cheese slices, and freshly ground pepper and place  in a toaster oven, at 375 F 10-15 minutes, until cheese has melted.

Makes: 1 sandwich



Comments