Chicken Raclette

If you're looking for a show-stopping menu to serve your friends, look no further than your very own raclette



I was first introduced to Raclette, years back, at my Aunt's place in Paris. I remember, just how impressed I was.  She placed  all the side dishes and salads on the table while the chicken was cooking on the raclette grill...

 It was fun! not to mention, an easy and relaxing way of cooking! So, I was determined to get my self a Raclette grill when I came home. At that time, I had a hard time finding one. This days they come in all shapes and forms.
 


Chicken Raclette with Parsley Potatoes and steemed Brussel Sprouts

Ingredients:
4 chicken breast
1 tbsp Herb of Provence
Salt and pepper
200 gr. Raclette* cheese, sliced

Prepare chicken breast by tenderizing it a little on each side. ( If large, they can cut be cut in two).  Sprinkle each piece with herb of Provence, salt and pepper.  Cover  with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge. (You can do this all the night before or in the morning).  At supper time, preheat the Raclette grill and place the chicken breast on the grill. Place the raclette cheese slices in the cheese trays. Cook chicken for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink, then turn over to the other side and cook until done,  for another 5 minutes.

Remove chicken to a plate, place the melted cheese on top  and serve with 
your favorite side dish. I served my chicken raclette with Parsley Potatoes  and  steams Brussels sprouts, as shown in the picture.

Serves: 4 people

*Raclette cheese is one of Switzerland's famous gourmet cheeses. 

Tip: If you can't find the raclette cheese, try Jarlsberg cheese or omit the melted cheese altoghether...it will still tastes wonderful without it.

Comments

  1. Yummy! I have my own raclette grill, too! We lived in Paris for 5 yrs. and I was introduced to this by my husband's cousin. I serve this with baked potatoes and salade crudites. Delicious, especially for cold nights!
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried chicken raclette with (raw)mushroom salad?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Love to read your comments. Leave me one in the box bellow.Cheers!.